Feb 27, 2007

Drambuie

I had the first sip of this thanks to my boss at during a party at her place sometime back. I really need to put some thought into ways I thank her for it.
A shot of this pink heady concoction did wonders to my senses. I still don't know how the Doc and I ever missed it especially given our unquenchable thirst for good liquer. Most of the Rusty Nails, Jackfrosts, Aftershocks were pitiful mockeries that terribly missed the quintessential ingredient - the legendary Drambuie. The wonderful pink color, a subtle aroma of mysterious herbs and the tingling warmth and flavour of heather honey is really quite wonderful. And finally, I am shortly going to be in possession of an original 17 year old single malt Drambuie. Cheers to that!

**So let me leave you to shake up some Drambuie, lime juice and lots of ice with a dash of lime zest and raise your glasses!
**Disclaimer: I recommend merely shots of it lest you curse me later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best way to enjoy Drambuie is straight on ice with a slice of haggis(eyuuuew, liked the Drambuie more). We were introduced to it last year by our Scottish neighbors Kevin and Louisa (God bless them)and yes we were promptly addicted to this elixir. So now everytime Asit catches a salmon Kevin gets a piece in exchange for a wee bit..

Anyesha said...

That's some seriously good stuff. If you like Drambuie, I would highly recommend Framboise...specially drizzled ona scoop of chocolate icecream or a slice of plain chocolate cake.

Aparna said...

bulbul: Thanks for the tip will see if I can enjoy that combo though the "eyuuuuew" bit sounds scary

anyesha:Sounds yum delicious especially for a chocolate maniac such as myself :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...